DHL was adding a mezzanine level to an existing warehouse in their packaging/sorting facility at JFK airport in Queens, NY. 42 STELCOR piles were installed at 14 locations (3 piles per location) to support columns which in turn would support the new floor.
- Pile Type: 7″ steel core w/16″ diameter grout column
- # of Piles: 42
- Location: Queens, NY
- Installation Depth: 67′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 201 tons Compression 5 tons lateral
- Equipment Used: Kobelco 270 Excavator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Facility needed to remain operational throughout construction. Working hours Tuesday through Friday were restricted and sorting tables needed to be moved during installation and moved back after work. Contractor needed to mobilize and de-mobilize daily. Limited entry access and overhead (in specific areas) also contributed to site challenges.
- Engineer/Architect: Musser Rutledge
- General Contractor: Malta Enterprises