Mechanical-equipment foundation installation with strict settlement tolerances posed unique challenges to the foundation designers.
- Helical Pile Type: SS175
- # of Helical Piles: 45
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Installation Depth: 25 ft
- Equipment Used: 190 Dynahoe
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: One was that the structure itself limited access for a timber-pile rig. The other was that the proximity of the underground piping raised concerns against the excessive
vibration and possible heaving associated with pile driving.
- Engineer/Architect: Bernard Schwartz and Associates
- General Contractor: LF Driscoll