A substation in Cape May, New Jersey added a new cell tower. The tower required a tie down system to counter the wind load. Helical anchors used as tie-downs were the perfect solution.
- Helical Pile Type: 1.75″ Square Shaft Helical Piles
- # of Helical Piles: 2
- Location: Cape May, NJ
- Installation Depth: 35′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 40 Kips Tension
- Equipment Used: Kubota Excavator, Pro Dig X12K5 Drive Head, Digital Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Helicals were the least disruptive and invasive method to secure the cell tower in place. A tension load test had to be performed to verify the load. The helical tie down were load tested immediately after installation with no delays and costly remobilization to wait for concrete to cure.
- Audubon Environmental & Helical Piers