Mechanical Equipment slab required a deep foundation due to extremely poor soil conditions.
- Helical Pile Type: SS1.5″ Grouted Pulldown Micropile
- # of Helical Piles: 108
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Installation Depth: 60′
- Equipment Used: 312 W/20,000 ft lb drive head
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Equipment pad was close to an ajoining Warehouse so no vibration piles were required. High Mobilization cost for timber piles also impacted the decision to use helicals.
- Engineer/Architect: NAVSUP Engineering Department
- General Contractor: Whiting Turner