A parking garage was under going renovations and needed new concrete columns to support the additional load. Helical piers were the quickest, least intrusive method to provide a deep foundation and keep the project on schedule. A third of the piles were 80 KIPS, so a load test was required in accordance with New York City DOB regulations.
- Helical Pile Type: RS2875.276
- # of Helical Piles: 12
- Location: Brooklyn, NY
- Installation Depth: 15′-19′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 80 Kips
- Equipment Used: Takeuchi Mini Excavator, 12K Drive, Marian Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: The load test was performed and the pile tested well. Production piles were later installed.
- Danbro Installer: Persi Contracting
- General Contractor: Galaxy Developers