A row home in Slope Point was building an addition. The plans called for a deck and the deck posts were steel I-beams. Due to the weight, a deep foundation was needed to support them. Helical piles were chosen to accommodate the load while overcoming severely restricted access.
- Helical Pile Type: RS2875.203 Wall 8″ 10″ Helical Configuration
- # of Helical Piles: 2
- Location: Brooklyn, NY
- Installation Depth: 12′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 30 kips
- Equipment Used: Hand-held Equipment
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: The challenge of this project was that the piles had to be installed by hand. There was no way to get conventional installation equipment into the back yard. The hand-held equipment was brought in through the house; then, a skid steer was parked in front of the house and powered the hand held equipment.
- Engineer/Architect: Carlin-Simpson & Associates
- General Contractor: Trafficante Contracting