On Wednesday, April 27th 2017, the first recorded ICC approved RS 2875 round shaft helical pile installation was done in Breezy Point, (Queens) New York. This house lift was performed in accordance with the City’s Build it Back Program, which, heretofore, required square shaft.
- Helical Pile Type: RS2875.276 round shaft
- # of Helical Piles: 23
- Location: Queens, NY
- Installation Depth: 13-15′
- Equipment Used: Bobcat excavator (Gimbil mount) 12K Pro Dig drivehead
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Access (overhead), mobilization and no-vibration all factored into the decision to use helicals.
- Engineer/Architect: Bouler Pfluger Engineers
- General Contractor: MXM Contractors