A backyard addition consisting of a concrete deck and canopy was built on the bay of an Ocean City New Jersey residence. The area is known to have weak and unstable soils. In less than a year, the whole area began to settle. Fourteen helical piles were installed with underpinning brackets to arrest the settlement and stabilize the addition.
- Helical Pile Type: RS2875.203
- # of Helical Piles: 14 (8 underpinning 6 new construction)
- Location: Ocean City, NJ
- Installation Depth: 45′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 30 kips
- Equipment Used: Mini Excavator, Walk behind loader, 6K drive head, Marian torque indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Limited access (including overhead) and mobilization were the challange. Small installation equipment and 5′ helical lead sections and extensions overcame the site issues.
- Certified Installer: Pigs Heaven