Helical Piles were installed to support pile caps for an electrical duct bank. Helicals were required for a vibration free install and small mobilization/laydown area.
- Helical Pile Type: 3.5″ .216
- # of Helical Piles: 102
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Installation Depth: 35′ to 50′
- Equipment Used: Catapiller 312 with a 20K drive head and a digital torque Indicator.
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: The Electrical contractor was able to work along side the helical installer who mobilized with small equipment eliminating vibration concerns while reducing installion time.
- Engineer/Architect: Burns Engineering
- General Contractor: Miller Brothers