A building was being retrofitted and repurposed in Augusta, Maine. The additional load required a deep foundation to support the structure. Helical piles were the perfect solution to achieve the increased capacity in this low headroom situation.
- Helical Pile Type: 5.5″ Round Shaft Helical Pile
- # of Helical Piles: 120
- Location: Augusta, ME
- Installation Depth: 40′-45′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 150 Kips
- Equipment Used: Pengo 30K Drive, Link Belt Excavator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: This entire job was done in 5 foot lengths due to head room limitations. Helical piles can be manufactured in any length to accommidate site restrictions. This saved time and money and proved to be a major factor on this project.