The National Guard was replacing and repairing ( a section) of the existing floor of the Armory with pile caps, grade beams, slab repair brackets and a 12″ slab. Piles with underpinning brackets were also used to support the walls of the Fire Suppression room.
- Helical Pile Type: 1 1/2″ Square Shaft with a 5″ uncased grout column
- # of Helical Piles: 274 New Construction & 13 Underpinning Piles
- Location: Atlantic City, NJ
- Installation Depth: 17′-20′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 70 Kips
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: The underlying soil consisted of a layer of urban fill with miscellaneous debris which had to be drilled through to reach virgin soil.
- Engineer/Architect: Structural: Miller-Remick Geotechnical: Pennoni Associates
- General Contractor: D’Andrea Construction
- Installer: Audubon Environmental & Helical Piers