Danbro assisted the engineer, Jeffrey Havelin, PE with recommending an economical solution using the original foundation, underpinning brackets, and our SS5 helical pile to underpin and anchor the foundation.
The high water table, especially during high tide, proved challenging when installing the pile terminations and underpinning brackets. High Rise Industries used a dewatering system in order to gain access below the existing foundation in order to attach the brackets.
- Helical Pile Type: SS5
- # of Helical Piles: 39
- Location: Amityville, NY 17701
- Installation Depth: 30 feet
- Equipment Used: Mini Excavator w/ Digga 8k 10 Drivehead
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Working around the cribbing towers without disturbing them.
- Engineer/Architect: Jeffrey Havelin PE
- General Contractor: High Rise Industries