Danbro assisted the engineer, Jeffrey Havelin, PE, in recommending an economical solution by preserving the original foundation, and using underpinning brackets and our 1 1/2″ helical piles to underpin and anchor the existing foundation for this house lift.
The high water table, especially during high tide, proved challenging when installing the pile terminations and underpinning brackets. High Rise Industries used a dewatering system in order to gain access below the existing foundation in order to attach the brackets.
- Helical Pile Type: SS5
- # of Helical Piles: 39
- Location: Amityville, NY 17701
- Installation Depth: 30 feet
- Equipment Used: Mini Excavator w/ Digga 8k 10 Drivehead
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: High Rise was able to preserve and underpin the perimeter while also working underneath the structure in-between around the cribbing towers to install the interior new construction piles.
- Engineer/Architect: Jeffrey Havelin PE
- General Contractor: High Rise Industries