A contractor was given the task of building an access ramp for a floating dock near the Delaware Water Gap. The steep incline of the hill and restricted access gave no other option for a deep foundation other than helical piles.
- Helical Pile Type: IDEAL 2875.203 Wall Helical Piles
- # of Helical Piles: 8
- Location: Kenville, NJ
- Installation Depth: 10′ to 15′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 15 Kips
- Equipment Used: Hydraulic Power Unit, Hand-held Helical Installer, Marian Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: All 8 Helical Piles were installed in one morning, despite the access and mobilization challenges. This afforded the contractor the rest of the afternoon to prepare the area to build the access ramp.
- General Contractor: Trend Landscaping