East Penn Manufacturing constructed a 24,000 square-foot high-bay battery storage warehouse
addition adjacent to two existing buildings.
Dual 4′ by 8′ storage racks were to be installed which resulted in floor slab loads in excess of 2000 psf.
- Helical Pile Type: Grouted Helical Micropiles – 1.75” Square Shaft
- # of Helical Piles: 35
- Location: Lyon Station, PA 19536
- Installation Depth: 26 ft
- Equipment Used: Skidsteer with 12K Drive Head
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: No additional load could be exerted on an adjacent 17-ft deep basement wall and footing
- Engineer/Architect: Barry Isett & Associates and Earth Engineering Inc