New town houses were being built on the water in Quincy Massachusetts. The poor soils in the area required a deep foundation. Driven piles were out of the question due to the close proximity of surrounding buildings.Helical Piles were selected due to the previously noted factors.
- Helical Pile Type: RS2875.276
- # of Helical Piles: 51
- Location: Quincy, MA
- Installation Depth: 35-45 Feet
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 50 KIPS
- Equipment Used: Mini Excavator, Pro Dig Intellitork, 12K Drive Head
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: All 51 piles were installed in 2 days, quicker than any other piling system could have accomplished.
- Engineer/Architect: Geo Partnership, Inc
- General Contractor: Nevin Excavating