A home damaged in hurricane Sandy needed to be lifted to meet FEMA’s new base line flood elevation. ,Weak soils required a deep foundation. Limited overhead eliminated timber piles as an option. Helical are segmented piles installed in sections mitigating overhead access issues.
- Helical Pile Type: 1.5″ Square Shaft
- # of Helical Piles: 33
- Location: Gerritsen Beach, NY
- Installation Depth: 35′ to 50′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 20 kips & 50 kip ultimate
- Equipment Used: Torq Hub, 6K drive head, Skid Steer
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Helical Piles utilize small installation equipment and are able to navigate between cribing and mitigate overhead access issues.