A new home was being built in a private beach community in Old Lyme, Connecticut. A deep foundation was required, but the close proximity to surrounding homes eliminated driven timber piles due to vibration concerns. Helical Piles were the ideal choice for this new project.
- Helical Pile Type: 2 7/8″ Pipe w/.203 wall
- # of Helical Piles: 16
- Location: Old Lyme, CT
- Installation Depth: 18′ to 20′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 32 kips
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: A unique aspect of this project was that all 18 of the helical piles were installed in one day. Timber piles would have taken a minimum of 2-3 days and at a higher cost for mobilization.
- Engineer/Architect: GNCB Consulting Engineers
- General Contractor: Aqua Turf Restaurant Group