A homeowner in Hampton New Hampshire needed to lift their home to comply with the new FEMA base-line flood elevation requirements. Weak soil conditions required a deep foundation. Helical piers were selected as the home only needed to be lifted to install segmented helical piles and it was not required to move the home off its foundation to drive timber.
- Helical Pile Type: 2875.203 Wall Helical Piles
- # of Helical Piles: 22
- Location: Hampton, NH
- Installation Depth: 17-20 Feet
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 40 Kips
- Equipment Used: Case Skid Steer, 12K Drive Head
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Helical piles are segmented and come in as little as 3 foot sections. Shorter lengths reduced the need to elevate the home higher. A higher lift costs more so shoter helical segments saved the homeowner money.
- General Contractor: Carpentier Construction