This project involved installation of sixteen 1.5″ square shaft piles (with beam seat brackets) to support four bridges at a 500 unit housing complex. Each pile was installed to an ultimate holding capacity of five tons (10 kip) to accommodate pedestrian foot traffic. In addition, the installer was approached by the project’s electrical contractor and asked to submit a proposal for twenty helical street light foundations. The contract was awarded and all 20 Streetlight Foundations were installed in one day at a considerable cost savings over traditional concrete foundations.
- Helical Pile Type: 1.5 ” Square Shaft
- # of Helical Piles: 16
- Location: New Jersey
- Installation Depth: 15 feet
- Equipment Used: Mini Excavator, 6K drive Head
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Observing the speed and ease of the walkway helical installation, led to the value engineering and the Streetlight install.
- Engineer/Architect: Danbro Distributors