The West side unit of a side by side structure was experiencing settlement Doors and windows were sticking and step cracks indicated the building was settling. The structure was built on a marsh mat, and the original timber pile foundation had rotted out. The East side unit of the same building had experienced the same problem and was underpinned with helicals in December of 2020.
- Helical Pile Type: 2 7/8″ Pipe Piles .203 wall
- # of Helical Piles: 9
- Location: Sea Isle City, NJ
- Installation Depth: 35′
- Helix Plates/Ultimate Pile Capacity: 40 Ton Ultimate
- Equipment Used: Dingo w/5K drivehead Pro Dig Digital Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Limited access in the side and back yards (pool), in addition to overhead restrictions, required the installer to use a small Dingo machine to install the piles. Little torque was generated as the piles were installed until they hit a hard dead-pan sand layer at 35′.
- Danbro Installer: Vaspoli Builders
- Engineer/Architect: Engineering Design Associates
- General Contractor: Vaspoli Builders