A produce distributor was looking to add a mezzanine level to the office section of their warehouse. A geotechnical investigation indicated weak soils. A minimally invasive, low disturbance deep foundation system was required to be installed all during the warehouse’s operating hours. Helical Piles were used to overcome the site restrictions.
- Helical Pile Type: RS 2875.203 Wall
- # of Helical Piles: 22
- Location: Bronx, NY
- Installation Depth: 20′-25′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 45 KIPS
- Equipment Used: Kubota Excavator, 12K drive, digital torque indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: In a 12 Hour shift, all 22 piles were installed to depths of 20-25 feet. This allowed for the concrete contractor to begin work the very next day, a whole week ahead of schedule.
- General Contractor: Golden Touch Construction