An underground oil tank was buried next to a home and was leaking oil. The structure needed to be stabilized while the contaminated soil was remediated and the damaged oil tank removed. Helical piles can be cased and filled with grout so they can be used to support an elevated structure.
- Helical Pile Type: 1.5″ square shaft with 6″ steel casing
- # of Helical Piles: 70
- Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
- Installation Depth: 40′ to 65′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 50 kips
- Equipment Used: KUBOTA Excavator, 8K drive and MArian Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Using 1.5″ square shaft cased helical piles, the contractor was able to install 15 soldier piles to build a lagging wall.Nine more soldier piles with underpinning brackets fastened to the home to continue the lagging wall. Twelve more cased helical piles were used to support a natural gas line in place. Thirty-four tiebacks were installed to retain the lagging wall.
- Engineer/Architect: KLUK Consultants