Fifty-nine new construction piles were installed for a foundation on a temple in Chelmsford, MA. Helical piles were chosen for this project to expedite foundation installation in a neighborhood and to provide a secure foundation on varying and loose soils.
- Helical Pile Type: 2-7/8 OD .276 Wall
- # of Helical Piles: 59
- Location: North Chelmsford, MA
- Installation Depth: 10′ to 30′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 30 Tons
- Equipment Used: Skid Steer, Excavator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Soil conditions varied widely from location to location and from point to point. Pile length varied from 7′ to 25′. Helicals are installed to a specific torque spec based on the shear strength of the soil. This eliminates any guess work in relationship to the final termination depth. Mobilization was also limited and difficult on site. Time restrictions due to limited city ordinance work hours and a strict deadline had to be met.
- Danbro Installer: Carpentier Construction LLC
- Engineer/Architect: Gencorelli Engineering