Project Summary: A large two-story house with basement was constructed at The Hunt of Louviers, a subdivision outside Newark, DE. The contractor excavated to the footing elevation and discovered soil unsuitable for spread footings so an alternative foundation was required.
- Helical Pile Type: 1.5” Square Shaft
- # of Helical Piles: 30
- 35 Kips
- Location: Newark , DE 19715
- Installation Depth: 25′
- Equipment Used: Kubota Excavator and 12K drive head
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Excavation and replacement with compacted fill was costly and time consuming. Helical Piles were installed quickly and production was not halted, so the project was able to move forward in a timely manner without costly delays.
- General Contractor: Toll Brothers Home Builders