A large two-story house with basement was to be built at The Hunt of Louviers subdivision, outside Newark, DE. The contractor excavated to the footing elevation and discovered soil unsuitable for spread footings.
- Helical Pile Type: 1.75” Square Shaft
- # of Helical Piles: 30
- Location: Cherry Newark , DE 19715
- Installation Depth: 45′
- Equipment Used: Kubota Excavator and 12K drive head
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Piles were installed so quickly that production was not halted, even after poor soils were discovered.
- General Contractor: Toll Brothers Home Builders