Nine helical piles were installed to support an abutment for a pedestrian and bicycle bridge over Smith Creek in Clifton Forge, Virginia.
- Helical Pile Type: RS 3500.300 Wall 10,12,14 Lead Section
- # of Helical Piles: 9
- Location: Clifton Forge, VA
- Installation Depth: 15′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 80 Kips
- Equipment Used: Kobelco SK140, 12K Drive Head
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: All nine piles were installed in one day allowing the Masonry Contractor to complete the concrete placement the following day.
- General Contractor: Hammond Mitchell INC