A residence in New Jersey was settling around the entire perimeter of the structure, due to weak soils. Helical Piles were chosen to arrest the settlement, since concrete underpinning wouldn’t work, and the owner wanted a quick, safe, and effective repair.
- Helical Pile Type: IDEAL 2875.203 Wall material
- # of Helical Piles: 15
- Location: Sewell, NJ
- Installation Depth: 25′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 60 kips
- Equipment Used: 10K Drive Head, Mini Excavator, Digital Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: North Star Marine proved to be as nimble and efficient on the land, as they are on the water. Fifteen helical piers and underpinning brackets were installed in just two days arresting the settlement of the structure. This was much quicker than conventional concrete underpinning and greatly reduced inconvenience to the homeowner.
- Engineer/Architect: Czar Engineering
- General Contractor/Installer: North Star Marine