An addition to a home in Seaville, New Jersey was settling due to unconsolidated soils and required a deep foundation to reach a suitable bearing strata. The foundation contractor devised a plan with the help of an engineer to use helical piles to get below the weak surface soils, arrest the settlement and stabilize the structure.
- Helical Pile Type: RS2875.203 Wall, Truforce Underpinning Brackets
- # of Helical Piles: 6
- Location: Seaville, NJ
- Installation Depth: 21′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 40 Kips
- Equipment Used: Skid Steer, Torque Pin, Eskridge 12K Drive Head
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: All 6 pile locations were prepped, the 6 piles were installed, the piles were bracketed to the footing and secured the foundation all in one day.
- Installer: The Keating Group