Helical nails were chosen for permanent excavation support for two 22′ tall walls: one adjacent to the service road and the other adjacent to the facility parking lot. The helical soil nail installation was complete in less than 2 weeks and followed by 8000 square feet of shotcrete.
- Helical Pile Type: 1.75” Square Shaft
- # of Helical Piles: 320
- Location: Ayer MA 01432
- Installation Depth: 12′
- Equipment Used: Bobcat 335 Excavator w/ 12k ft # drivehead
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Excavation of soil nail wall ahead of soil screw installation.
- Engineer/Architect: SW&C Engineers
- General Contractor: Stahlman Group, Inc.