A new Helicopter hangar was being constructed at Newark Airport. The size of the building, significant live & dead loads, and weak soils, required a deep foundation. helical piles were specified for the deep foundation.
- Helical Pile Type: RS 3500.300 Wall, 10,12,14,14 Lead Section
- # of Helical Piles: 64
- Location: Newark, NJ
- Installation Depth: 65′ to 70′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 80 Kips
- Equipment Used: John Deere 230 Excavator, Pro Dig V50K, Digital Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Due to an unstable fill layer at the surface, the engineers design required that the last ten feet of the piling be grouted to compensate for lateral concerns. DANBRO’s long, extensive experience with the grouting of helicals insured a successful install.
- Engineer/Architect: Lahita Engineering