A home that qualified for the NY Rising Program was lifted on crib packs. Helical piles were used for this house lift to eliminate the cost of moving the property to drive timber piles.
- Helical Pile Type: 1 1/2″ Square Shaft
- # of Helical Piles: 22
- Location: East Rockaway, NY
- Installation Depth: 14-17 ft
- Equipment Used: Boxer walk behind loader w/Pengo 7K drivehead w/Marian Digital Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: High mobilization and insurance cost associated with timber, which required that the house be moved, were mitigated by using segmented helical piles. Smaller equipment could navigate beneath the structure and did not require the house to be lifted as high rendering additional cost savings.