A pool in the backyard of a new home in Mount Holly, New Jersey, required a deep foundation to resist uplift and compression loads. Helical piers/anchors are equally effective in both tension and compression, can be installed in tight confines and are neighbor friendly.
- Helical Pile Type: 1.5″ Square Shaft With a 6″ Grout Column
- # of Helical Piles: 66
- Location: Mount Holly, NJ
- Installation Depth: 55′ to 60′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 60 kips
- Equipment Used: Volvo Mini Excavator, DIGGA MM10K Drive Head
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Mobilization and de-mobilization using small equipment are relatively inexpensive for helical installations compared to other piling systems and are non-intrusive/neighbor friendly. The piles/anchors were able to be installed in multiple mobilizations allowing other trades to work on the pool regardless of whether the Helical Pile Contractor was on or off site. A 6″ grout column around the shaft provided a greater section modulus and alleviated lateral concerns.
- Danbro Installer: Vaspoli Builders