The Morristown Airport was adding additional fuel cells to reduce delays due to refueling. A narrow construction window required that piles be installed in the early A.M. and late P.M. to minimize traffic delays.
Minimal site disturbance, rapid mobilization requirements, and limited time were the deciding factors in choosing helical piers.
- Helical Pile Type: 1.75”
- # of Helical Piles: 108
- Location: Morristown , NJ 07960
- Installation Depth: 20-30 Feet
- Equipment Used: Cat 305 Excavator, 12K Drive Head
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Minimize traffic delays with minimum site disturbance
- Engineer/Architect: MPP Engineers LLC
- General Contractor: Salomone Bros., Inc.