Category: New Construction, Walkways
This project included the restoration of over 1,400 acres of swamp and salt hay farms to tidal wetlands adjacent to the Maurice and Delaware Rivers in southern New Jersey. To highlight the estuary enhancement project, PSE&G incorporated walking trails along earth berms and walkways with observation platforms extending into tidal areas for public access. The method had been proven cost effective and durable nationally on other walkway projects.
- Helical Pile Type: 1.75″ Square Shaft
- Location: Vineland NJ
- Installation Depth: 25′
- Equipment Used: Caterpillar 312 and 20K Drive
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Walking an excavator out into wetlands led to be a challenging task. Thankfully, crane mats supported the excavator.
- Engineer/Architect: PSE&G
- General Contractor: Freda Builders