A new mixing machine was being added to increase production at a Concrete Production Plant and needed to be supported on a deep foundation due to unstable soils and the vibration generated by the machine. 46 helical pipe piles with 43 new construction caps and and 3 IDEAL counter-force underpinning brackets were installed to support the slab.
- Helical Pile Type: 2875″ .276 Pipe Pile
- # of Helical Piles: 46
- Location: Logan, NJ
- Installation Depth: 75′
- Equipment Used: Excavator with 12K Drive Head & digital Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: The installation took place inside the active/working plant creating acess and mobilization issues.
- Engineer/Architect: Gencorelli Engineering
- General Contractor: Owner