New York/New Jersey Rail uses this Lift bridge transfer to deploy train cars across the Hudson. New construction piers were installed to replace the existing timber piles that were decayed and failing. Helical piles were screwed into the ground and pile caps were poured and doweled into the structure.
- Helical Pile Type: RS3500
- # of Helical Piles: 10
- Location: Bayonne, NJ
- Installation Depth: 35 feet
- Equipment Used: Takeuchi Excavator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Limited overhead required a segmented piling system which did not require the bridge to be demolished (to drive timber), significantly reducing the overall cost of the project.
- Engineer/Architect: Joe Cunha PE & Mike Blendy PE
- General Contractor: South Jersey Helical Piers