A sea wall that was poured with no piles to support the base was beginning to split away from itself. The original plan was to tear it out and replace the wall with a proper footer. To save the expense of a total demo and replacement, the contractor recommended helical piers to underpin the front of the sea wall.
- Helical Pile Type: RS2875.203
- # of Helical Piles: 6
- Location: Rochester, NY
- Installation Depth: 15′- 19′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 40 kips
- Equipment Used: Yanmar Mini Excavator, 12K Drive, Marian Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: In areas where the footing wasn’t present or the bottom of the footing was uneven, a piece of steel angle was used to support the wall.
- General Contractor: Trident Shoreline