A house on a bluff overlooking Lake Ontario in Webster, New York noticed that soil was starting to erode at the bottom of the bluff. An engineer designed a system using steel sheet pile and helical tiebacks to hold the earth back and arrest further erosion.
- Helical Pile Type: 1.5″ Square Shaft
- # of Helical Piles: 60
- Location: Webster, NY
- Installation Depth: 35′ to 45′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 25 kips
- Equipment Used: 12K Drive, Yanmar Excavator, Marian Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: A challenge was how to install the tiebacks from behind the sheeting. This obstacle was overcome because helical anchors come in segmented lengths and shorter extensions afforded the operator more room to move his machine around to facilitate the install.
- General Contractor: Trident Shoreline Marine