A new apartment complex needed street lights. There was a concern for uplift on the concrete bollards originally specified. Helical piers/anchors can be used in tension as well as compression and therefore were the perfect choice to prevent uplift while supporting the streetlights.
- Helical Pile Type: 1.5″ Square Shaft
- # of Helical Piles: 54
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Installation Depth: 12′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 15 kips
- Equipment Used: Caterpillar Excavator, 17K Drive Head, Digital Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: All 54 tiedowns were installed in 3 days for all 18 locations for the street lights while minimalizing traffic flow.