The front corner of a residential home in Harrisburg, PA was settling. The engineer of record designed the plan of repair with Push Piers, but the homeowner wanted a less invasive method that didn’t require mounting a hydraulic frame to their wall and jacking on their already jeopardized foundation as part of the repair process. The foundation contractor provided a quicker, safer, and less invasive method using helical piers.
- Helical Pile Type: RS2875.203
- # of Helical Piles: 6
- Location: Harrisburg, PA
- Installation Depth: 15′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 45 kips
- Equipment Used: 12K Drive Head, Marian Torque Indicator, Hydraulic Jacks
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: In one morning, the installation contractor installed 6 helical underpinning piles to the necessary torque. Using hydraulic jacks mounted on top of the piles, they were able to lift the foundation back to its original height.
- Engineer/Architect: Northeast Foundations and Concrete