The Hard Rock Cafe renovations included the bleachers in the concert arena which required foundation support in addition to tie-downs to resist uplift. Helicals proved to be the fastest, least disruptive solution which included many other contractors in a virtually complete renovation.
- Helical Pile Type: 2875″.276
- # of Helical Piles: 96
- Location: Atlantic City, NJ
- Installation Depth: 19′
- Equipment Used: Caterpillar 314 with a 16K drive head w/torque Pin Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: The borings did not reflect actual soil conditions. The installer needed to cut off the last helical plate and pre-drill to reach the minimum depth requirement for the tension component.
- Engineer/Architect: Gencorelli Engineering