Due to poor soils, a deep foundation system was required to support new sewer lines. Helical piles were chosen for the speed of installation and to minimize site concerns.
- Helical Pile Type: 1.75″ Square Shaft with a 8″ Grout Column
- # of Helical Piles: 40
- Location: Jones Beach State Park, NY
- Installation Depth: 35′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 80 Kips
- Equipment Used: Kobelco Excavator, Pro-dig t20K drive, Digital Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Larger equipment and longer extensions, requiring less bolted connections; increased installation speed, while decreasing lane closures and traffic flow issues.
- General Contractor: Atlantic Pile