A 30 year old boardwalk at Gun Stock Ski Mountain was originally built on site sourced fallen logs and was experiencing settlement in the soft wetland environment. The trail committee decided to install helical piers on each sides of the existing boardwalk and span underneath the structure with 2′ x 10′ beams to arrest any further settlement.
- Helical Pile Type: RS 2875.203 Wall
- # of Helical Piles: 120
- Location: Gilford, NH
- Installation Depth: 10′ to 15′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 12 kips
- Equipment Used: Hydraulic Power Pack, Hand Held Set Up, Marian Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: No equipment could impact the wetlands for the fear of having tracks or tires destroy the sensitive ecosystem. This required that the entire project be done with hand held, portable equipment.
All material and equipment was staged on the boardwalk allowing the contractor to advance on the boardwalk to each pile location and move material and equipment along as they proceeded with the installation.
- General Contractor: Leslie Roberts LLC