An existing home in Sea Isle City was adding an elevator pit to the back of the home. Due to known weak soils in the area, the architect required helical piles for the foundation of the elevator shaft.
- Helical Pile Type: IDEAL 1.5″ Lead, 6″ PVC Casing
- # of Helical Piles: 2
- Location: Sea Isle City, NJ
- Installation Depth: 18′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 45 kips
- Equipment Used: CAT 301, 6K Drive Head, Marian Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: A unique aspect to this job was the fact that the contractor was able to use subcompact equipment and get behind the house, install the piles, and cause zero disturbance or incur any damage to any part of the home due to the equipment and type of pile used.