A modular building needed to be supported at a fuel refinery in Everet, MA. The soils were potentially contaminated so no spoils were allowed to meet environmental concerns while achieving the 40 kip ultimate.
- Helical Pile Type: 3500″.216 Pipe Piles
- # of Helical Piles: 64
- Location: Everett, MA
- Installation Depth: 20′-30′
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: All workers were required to obtain Hazwoper 40 training due to site contamination. In addition, the helicals needed to be installed through asphalt to avoid spoils and cross contamination.
- Engineer/Architect: Vanaria & Sons
- General Contractor: Vaaria 7 Sons