A new home was being build on the South River in Annapolis, MD. Due to weak soils and the proximity to the river, a deep foundation was necessary to support the proposed structure.
- Helical Pile Type: 1 1/2″ Square Shaft transitioning to RS2875.203 pipe extensions
- # of Helical Piles: 126
- Location: Annapolis, MD
- Installation Depth: 40′-50′
- Equipment Used: Yanmar excavator w/Eskridge 8K drivehead. Yanmar excavator w/Eskridge 20K drivehead
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Noise restrictions in this neighborhood required minimual distrubance to neighbors so driving timber piles with nosiey equipment and a drop hammer eliminated timber.Helicals screw gently into the soil with small, realitively quite, minimally invasive equipment.
- Engineer/Architect: Phil Schied P.E.
- Installer: Levelift Foundations, LLC