For three generations, The Keating Group has been focused on commercial and residential foundation repair. A duplex in Wildwood, NJ was experiencing the signs of settlement. The doors and windows were becoming difficult to close and cracks were forming throughout the walls and block, clear indications that the home was settling. Corrective action was needed immediately to stabilize the foundation. The Keatings’ recognized the symptoms and recommended helical piers as a quick, effective, neighbor-friendly solution.
- Helical Pile Type: RS 2875.203
- # of Helical Piles: 6
- Location: Wildwood, NJ
- Installation Depth: 21′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 50 kips
- Equipment Used: Skid Steer, 12K drive head, Torque Pin Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: The challenge at hand was to repair the foundation with minimal disturbance to the day to day activities of the homeowner. Helical piles were installed quickly with small low-impact equipment, minimizing noise and other inconveniences for the homeowner and their neighbors.
- General Contractor/Installer: The Keating Group