Eight helical piles were installed to a depth of 20 feet in one day. Their galvanized custom design caps were welded to long pieces of channel steel as part of a new steel structure that clamped to the existing structure. Further movement was arrested.
- Helical Pile Type: 1.5” Square Shaft
- # of Helical Piles: 8
- Location: Chesapeake Bay, MD
- Installation Depth: 20 Feet
- Equipment Used: Handheld Set up, 6,000 Ft. Lb. drive head
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Access was tight working inside the stair tower and required portable hand-held equipment that could get inside so that the stair well did not have to be disassembled to install the new foundation.
- General Contractor: Keystone Foundations