Eight helical piles were installed to a depth of 20 feet in one day. Their galvanized custom design caps will be welded to long pieces of channel steel and be part of a new steel structure that will clamp to the existing structure. Further movement will be arrested.
- Helical Pile Type: 1.5”
- # of Helical Piles: 8
- Location: Chesapeake Bay, MD
- Installation Depth: 20 Feet
- Equipment Used: Handheld Set up, 6K drive head
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Working inside the stair tower and using equipment that could get inside of it without taking apart the stair well
- General Contractor: Keystone Foundations