Helical Anchors were used to tieback a bulkhead on a municipal street in a residential neighborhood.
- Helical Pile Type: 1.5″ Square Shaft
- # of Helical Piles: 11
- Location: Ocean Port, NJ
- Installation Depth: 55′-60′
- Equipment Used: 10K drive head with Marian digital torque indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: The road could not be closed down during the construction and helicals provided a non-intrusive, segmented anchoring system which did not impeed traffic flow.
- Engineer/Architect: Gencorelli Engineering
- General Contractor: Empire Construction