A new containment tank was being built in a chemical refinery. The slab supporting the tank required a deep foundation. Helical piles respond to sensitive environments as they produce no spoils and are vibration-free. Most importantly, helicals are installed with small low-impact equipment so no plant shut downs or production interruptions were necessary to complete the project.
- Helical Pile Type: RS 700.408 (7″ Pipe Pile)
- # of Helical Piles: 12
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Installation Depth: 35′-50′
- Equipment Used: CAT 315 Excavator, 50K Drive, Marian Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Custom rebar cages were formed and used as the pile caps in lieu of new construction brackets.
- General Contractor: Radomski Builders