A new waterfront home was being constructed by Persi Contracting Corp in Massapequa, a coastal town on Long Island. Due to weak sandy soils, a deep foundation element was required. There was also a tension requirement due to possible uplift from a storm surge. Helical piles/anchors met and exceeded the required loads in both tension and compression while bringing a neighbor-friendly approach to the project.
- Helical Pile Type: RS 2875.203 Wall
- # of Helical Piles: 78
- Location: Massapequa, NY
- Installation Depth: 18′ to 21′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 40 kips
- Equipment Used: Takeuchi Excavator, 8K Drive, Marian Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Persi Contracting has been working on Long Island long enough to know that their responsibility to their clients, extends to their clients neighbors. Seventy-eight helical piles were installed with spoil free,vibration-less, quite, low impact equipment in record time. All 78 piles were cut, capped, and bolted in just 3 days. Far faster than most other piling systems and with minimal site disturbance.
- General Contractor/Installer: Persi Contracting Corporation